Sr. Financial Specialist - TEMP
|April 17, 2014 - April 25, 2014|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, 401(k) and ESOP|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||TEMP to HIRE Full time|
Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of internal financial reports and analysis. Perform accounting functions requiring thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles and practices.
|Duties:||• Prepare internal financial packages including monthly board reports and management reporting detailing financial performance and any major deviations.|
• Prepare monthly variance analysis detailing the timing and nature of expense variances and their impact.
• Assist in the preparation of other financial reports including but not limited to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and regulatory agencies.
• Provide support in the daily operations of the Accounting Department, including but not limited to:
• Process wire transfers
• Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
• Assist in month-end/quarter-end closing
• Assist in internal and external audits
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget, capital budget and ongoing forecasts.
• Ensure uninterrupted operational workflow and support when Management and department staff are unavailable.
• Follow all written procedures established to perform the functions of this position.
• Make recommendations for improvement to policy and procedures.
• Report any discrepancy between actual duties performed and the written policies and procedures to the Vice President Controller.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform the tasks of and assist with other Accounting staff positions as necessary.
• Provide support for other departments as required.
• Assist all customers and fellow employees in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner in accordance with established service standards.
• Actively participate in all training programs as assigned by Management.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, related field or equivalent skills and abilities. |
• Five years of general Accounting experience and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Experience at a financial institution preferred.
• CPA preferred but not required.
• Public accounting experience preferred but not required.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong computer literacy and ten-key adding machine by touch.
• Excellent time management and deadline-meeting ability.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to solve problems, exercise good judgment, monitor multiple projects, meet all assigned deadlines and quickly switch projects when department priorities change.
• Ability to get along with coworkers and management, and relate effectively and professionally at all times including under pressure.
• Ability to train and motivate staff to achieve Department goals.
• Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Excel and Word.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.